2022/23 K1 School Admission
(1) Information on Admission Application
- Collection of application Forms (No quota):**Application forms are distributed throughout the year.
- 1. Obtain from school in person.
Office hour: Monday to Friday, from 9:00am to 4:30pm; Saturday, from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- 2. Download from school website.
- 3. Request by post
- Return of Application Forms (No set quota for the kindergarten):
- Application forms are received throughout the year.
Office hour: Monday to Friday, from 9:00am to 4:30pm; Saturday, from 9:00am to 12:00pm)
- Return method
**Submit the application form together with the documents required [a copy of the birth certificate, vaccination record and two envelopes with affixed $2stamp, the name of the child and the current address] in person / by post.
- Application fee (if applicable): 40 (to be collected together with the application form). The application fee is non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
- Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- 1. Under the kindergarten (KG) education scheme (hereafter referred to as “Scheme”), Each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit children holding a valid registration document.
- 2. Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2021. The RC will be open for applications in September 2021 and the EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (https://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the RC to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a child cannot obtain an RC as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme 2, the EDB will then issue a Kindergarten Admission Pass (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the child concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
- 3. Online Application form for Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission:
- School-based Admission Mechanism
- School-age children who submitted the applications can all be arranged to have interview.
- Interviews will be conducted from 11/2021 and notification will be sent to parents separately
- Group and /or individual interviews will be arranged
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview
- Please contact us at 2327 6311 if interpretation / translation service if required
- Interview performance.
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten will be given due priority consideration
- 3. The applicant from families in need of whole day classes will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day classes. (As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
Announcement of Admission Results:
1. We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 17 December2021by post and follow up phone call
- Registration Arrangements:
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 6 to 8 January 2022(Centralized Registration Dates) by submitting the RC/ AP to the school and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the RC / AP to the school and pay the registration fee
- 3. Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the RC/ AP during registration, the school may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to the EDB within the specific period
- 4. The registration fee for 2022/23 K1 place is HK$1570. If the child concerned studies in the school, the registration fee paid will be refunded inSeptember5. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the school in writing. The school will return the RC / AP as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the RC / AP, the school will no longer keep the school place for the child.
– 《Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres》https://kgp2021.azurewebsites.net/edb/schoolinfo.php?lang=en&schid=6700&district=wongtaisin&category=&voucher=&schoolname=&ctype=
– 《Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens》https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/preprimary-kindergarten/kindergarten-k1-admission-arrangements/index-2.html
「2022/23 K1 2022/23 K1 Admission Arrangements Flowchart
If parents cannot submit the RC/AP to the KG their child has been admitted to during the Centralised Registration Dates, the KG concerned may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application to the EDB within the designated period.
If a child is admitted after the Centralised Registration Dates, his/her parent is still required to submit the RC/AP for registration. If the parent intends to change school for his/her child after registering with a KG, he/she is required to get back the RC/AP from the KG with which he/she has registered. Upon getting back the RC/AP from a KG, the KG concerned will no longer reserve the place for the child. Normally, the registration fee paid to the KG with which the parent has registered will not be refunded.